Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Maxisys vs Snap On Verus Pro ?
Maxisys vs Snap On Verus Pro ?

18848 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2014-07-18 11:03:14

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    samantha poole
    2014-07-09 13:54:33
    does anyone have some useful insight before I make a decision? Iam currently demo-ing both tools and the only huge difference really is the price and no scope.

Anyone else use both of these?

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2014-07-09 23:14:42 (Reply to:samantha poole)

for the price of a Verus Pro you could buy Maxisys,  a Snap On Solus, and the Pico Scope or a Snap On Vantage.  Maxisys is missing some important tests on domestic vehicles such as Chrysler pinion factor and Snap On won't do immobilizer. I own both tools, Maxisys is faster and more used, but you will need Snap On's capabilities occasionally.

•   Level 3   
    (95) points
    mtony1982

2014-07-10 09:41:29 (Reply to:samantha poole)

Its tough because maxisys is awesome when it works. But they are still working on it.
    Fixing bugs and glitches. Snap on is more proven and has a awesome reputation I love
    the scope and whatever the maxisys won't do the verus will but I find myself going for
    the maxisys more as a primary its lighter and quicker and seems to have a lot of
    special functions the verus don't biggest reason I bought maxisys was the price and I
    was mislead to believe I was getting a labscope. I would say if only one tool and
    money not a issue go with verus. Otherwise maxisys is a really good / cheaper
    alternative

•   Level 3   
    (95) points
    mtony1982

2014-07-10 09:43:45 (Reply to:mtony1982)

Also keep in mind its hard to find one scanner that will do everything and both get
    pretty close. I like both!:-)

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-07-16 09:55:10 (Reply to:samantha poole)

I love snap-on tools,its everything I have ever owned for the past 25years or so, but when it comes to scantools this days I have to say the maxisys,I will tell you why:
    its much cheaper,faster,lighter,capable and unlike snap-on/otc and many others, autel maxisys its based on original factory tools capabilities and functions,and although its not there quite yet  if an option/function/feature is missing we can request it and they get added, we can not say that for the rest,and if they (snapon/otc) ever accomplish that it will come at a very high price, not to mention update fees. now snap-on/otc tools have been around for ever,and yes they are expensive but good and reliable with great (support) very hard to find here. with all that said its up to you to choose which one fits you best good luck.

•   Level 2   
    (37) points

2014-07-18 11:03:14 (Reply to:J Gutz)

Agreed,Excellent Answer.You will need Snap on too if You are serious in bussines,but any Autel is 92% more complete,Faster and accurate than Snap on,I have the DS 708,MaxiSys MS908P,Snap on MODIS,Snap On Vantage Ultra,ROSS TECH VCDS and getting the Hella Gutmann,You always need more than on machine,to be successful
  Total1 Pages